The suit was filed in Richmond Circuit Court by Matthan Wilson and Bryan Wright, both of Suffolk, who said signature-gatherers working on behalf of West “misled” them into promising to become electors on West’s behalf. Wilson said he was approached by individuals who asked if he wanted to “serve in a statewide pool of electors,” but later found out from a reporter he was named as a pledged elector for West, prompting him to take legal action.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 34 seconds
Voters Sue to Get Kanye Kicked Off Ballot
Two Virginia voters are suing to have singer Kanye West thrown off the presidential ballot after they say they were tricked into supporting his campaign. So reports The Washington Post.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87, Fight to Fill Vacancy Begins
- Louisville, Breonna Taylor's Family Agree to 'Historic' Settlement
- Tesla Case Accusing Ex-employee of Stealing Trade Secrets Moving Ahead
- Julian Assange's Lawyer: Trump Offered Extradition Deal
- Dr. Dre Sued By Estranged Wife Over Alleged 'Secretly' Transferred Trademarks