Maxwell’s attorney, Jeffrey Pagliuca, said despite the presumption of innocence, “the Government, its agents, witnesses and their lawyers have made, and continue to make, statements prejudicial to a fair trial,” in a letter to the judge. Maxwell is accused of running an alleged sex ring with her late ex-boyfriend Jeffrey Epstein as well as committing perjury in 2016.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Ghislaine Maxwell Wants Disparaging Comments Blunted to Ensure Fair Trial
Ghislaine Maxwell’s attorney said comments made by prosecutors and others diminish her opportunity for a fair trial and have asked for them to be blocked. So reports Forbes.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Louisiana Joins Utah, Oregon in Nixing Bar Exam for Law School Grads
- Mass. Landlords Challenge Constitutionality of Eviction Halt
- Impossible Whopper Lawsuit Tossed As Judge Finds No Deception
- Group Sues Town Over Public Nudity, Noise from Scuba Divers
- Lawyer Dons Hazmat Suit During Sentencing Hearing