This is the first legal challenged of its kind. The lawsuit states expelling the unnamed 16-year-old boy would violate asylum and anti-trafficking laws for unaccompanied migrant kids who arrive at the border. The administration has argued, though, the new policy is necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Lawyers Argue Unaccompanied Honduran Teen Shouldn’t Be Expelled
Lawyers for a Honduran boy are mounting a legal challenge against the Trump administration’s policy of “rapidly expelling migrant children from the southern border during the coronavirus pandemic.” So reports CBS News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Justin Bieber Fires Back After Sexual Assault Accusations
- Concordia University School of Law to Shutter Amid Failed Transfer Deal
- Lawyer Disbarred for Accepting Cocaine as Payment
- Appeals Court Blocks Plan to Fund Border Wall with Military Money
- Ex-Hostage Negotiator, Mueller Witness Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes