The lawsuit was originally brought by the District of Columbia and the state of Maryland. According to the article, Trump is accused of violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause, which the lawsuit claims prohibits Trump from accepting profits from both domestic and foreign officials who stayed at the Trump International Hotel.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Trump Emoluments Case Reinstated by Split Federal Appeals Court
A federal appeals court has resurrected a lawsuit alleging President Donald Trump illegally profited from his presidency by way of his luxury hotel in Washington. So reports Yahoo! News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- AP Students Hit College Board with $500M Suit Over New Online Exams
- Kendall Jenner Settles Allegations Over Controversial Fyre Festival Promo
- Tara Reade's Attorneys Dump Her Amid Credibility Concerns
- Judge Tosses Challenge to Michigan’s 'State of Emergency'
- NFL Player Sues Airline After Passenger Grabs His Crotch, Pulls Off His Mask