The felony charges include “substantial battery with intent to cause bodily harm, threatening to communicate derogatory information, felony victim intimidation and stalking.” The woman said Meyer repeatedly used his position as a defense attorney to avoid liability, for example, by finding criminals to "enact violence" on her family. Meyer admitted to striking the woman, but said it was only in self-defense.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Wisconsin Lawyer Arrested on Stalking, Battery Charges
Matthew Russell Meyer, a Milwaukee defense attorney, was arrested for allegedly stalking, threatening and abusing an ex-girlfriend. So reports The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Woman Charged for Playing Topless Frisbee Gets $50k Settlement
- UNT Attorney Steps Down After Using 'N-word' During Panel Discussion
- Orangutan Who Was Ruled a 'Non-human Person' Retires to Florida
- U.S. Women's Soccer Scores Goal in Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
- Trump to Pay $2M in Settlement for Misusing Charity Funds