The felony charges include “substantial battery with intent to cause bodily harm, threatening to communicate derogatory information, felony victim intimidation and stalking.” The woman said Meyer repeatedly used his position as a defense attorney to avoid liability, for example, by finding criminals to "enact violence" on her family. Meyer admitted to striking the woman, but said it was only in self-defense.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Wisconsin Lawyer Arrested on Stalking, Battery Charges
Matthew Russell Meyer, a Milwaukee defense attorney, was arrested for allegedly stalking, threatening and abusing an ex-girlfriend. So reports The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Legalized Sports Betting Pitched as Budget Fix in California
- Carmen Electra’s Lawsuit Against Strip Club Invalid Due to Her Dancing Poles Biz: Lawyer
- Parents, Church Settle After Forced Baptism of 11 Year Old Disabled Boy
- Judge with Coronavirus Overseeing Stay-home Case in Washington
- Forex Case Against Big Banks to Move Forward Largely in Tact