The Colorado case involves a state law mandating presidential electors vote for the winner of the state's popular election. Baca has been friends with Sotomayor for decades and was prominently seated during the justice's confirmation hearing. Sotomayor will participate in a similar case from Washington state, though.Last modified on Saturday, 14 March 2020
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Sotomayor Punts on 'Faithless Electors' Case Due to Potential Conflict
Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has removed herself from a case involving Electoral College law due to her relationship with Polly Baca, one of its challengers. So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Group Sues Town Over Public Nudity, Noise from Scuba Divers
- Lawyer Dons Hazmat Suit During Sentencing Hearing
- 4th Circuit Ruling Means Trump Hotel Records Under Wraps Until After Election
- 'Lady A' Band, Artist Engaged in Legal Battle Over Moniker
- Vermont Law School Mural Being Removed Due to 'Black Features'