The sentence comes as part of a plea deal resolving more than 100 charges and the loss of nearly $9 million by Murdaugh’s victims. Murdaugh is appealing his murder convictions based on allegations of jury tampering, notes the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Murdaugh Pleads To Financial Crimes, Gets Another 27 Years Tacked Onto Sentence
Former lawyer Alex Murdaugh, who is already serving two life sentences for murdering his family, was handed another 27-year sentence related to a multitude of financial crime charges. So reports the BBC.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- California Drivers No Longer Need To Answer Cop’s Question
- Iowa Ban On LGBTQ+ Books Largely Blocked Ahead Of Enactment
- Michael Cohen's Legal Defense Included Non-existent Cases Invented By Google Bard: Report
- Hershey Sued For False Advertising Over 'Cute' Holiday Candy
- Terms Of Bombshell Google Privacy Settlement Undisclosed