Vila, of Yorktown Heights, pleaded guilty in White Plains Federal Court after being accused of stealing the money from his client, “who was a first responder who suffered life-threatening medical conditions while cleaning up the crash site at Ground Zero.” Vila faces up to ten years in prison and will be sentenced in February.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Disbarred Attorney Faces Up to 10 Years in Prison for Stealing from 9/11 Victim’s Fund
Disbarred attorney Gustavo Vila admitted to taking close to $1 million meant for a client from the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. So reports the Daily Voice.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Villanova Law Dean Who Stressed Inclusion, Precision Dead At 90 from Heart Failure
- Oregon Law Looks to Insulate Schools from COVID-19 Damage Claims
- Cuomo Pushes Pot As Criminal Justice Reform, Revenue Raiser
- Lawyer Looks to Ditch Trump As Client After President’s 'Repugnant' Behavior
- Boston Marathon Bomber Sues Feds with Handwritten Note Over a Hat