Vila, of Yorktown Heights, pleaded guilty in White Plains Federal Court after being accused of stealing the money from his client, “who was a first responder who suffered life-threatening medical conditions while cleaning up the crash site at Ground Zero.” Vila faces up to ten years in prison and will be sentenced in February.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Disbarred Attorney Faces Up to 10 Years in Prison for Stealing from 9/11 Victim’s Fund
Disbarred attorney Gustavo Vila admitted to taking close to $1 million meant for a client from the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. So reports the Daily Voice.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- South Dakota Pot Advocates Join Lawsuit Challenging Ballot Measure
- Biden Balks At Investigating Trump While Others Call for Legal Action
- Murdered DNC Staffer’s Family Settles with Fox News Over 'Wikileaks' Coverage
- Law School Deans Rebuke Trump’s Election Resistance
- 'AI Lawyer' Email Crawler Learns A New Trick