The suspension is mostly based on the judge’s inappropriate behavior, which included repeatedly insulting people appearing before him and telling them to “shut up,” and which was captured on video that appeared on, and became popular on, YouTube.Last modified on Thursday, 23 May 2013
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 26 seconds
Judge Suspended for Disrespect Captured on YouTube
YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A West Virginia court has upheld a judicial disciplinary committee’s suspension of a family law judge without pay for the remainder of his term in office, according to the Charleston Gazette.
Latest from PLP News
- SCOTUS: Pre-Miranda silence can be used as evidence of guilt
- Do Medical Malpractice Suits Actually Promote Hospital Transparency?
- Defunct Dewey & LeBoeuf Settles Mismanagement Claims
- Judge Temporarily Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortion at 12 Weeks
- Detroit Law Firm Sponsors ‘Guns for Groceries’ Program