Health and Human Services representatives said it will stop reimbursing costs for teachers, recreational equipment and legal services. The funding cuts may be in violation of the Flores agreement, which requires recreational and education activities be provided to immigrants in government care.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Funding Cuts for Immigrants May Violate Flores Settlement: Report
The federal government halted funds for legal services and English courses at facilities hosting immigrant children. So reports the Associated Press.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Justin Bieber Fires Back After Sexual Assault Accusations
- Concordia University School of Law to Shutter Amid Failed Transfer Deal
- Lawyer Disbarred for Accepting Cocaine as Payment
- Appeals Court Blocks Plan to Fund Border Wall with Military Money
- Ex-Hostage Negotiator, Mueller Witness Sentenced for Child Sex Crimes