The woman subsequently had her legs amputated as a result of the misdiagnosis. Texas tort reform laws prohibit medical malpractice claimants from recovering compensation unless they can prove emergency room doctors intentionally harmed them.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Texas Tort Reform Hindering Malpractice Victim
A Texas woman, who was sent home from a hospital emergency room following a devastating misdiagnosis, is finding it difficult to secure a legal representation, according to a recent New York Times article.
Latest from PLP News
- SCOTUS: Pre-Miranda silence can be used as evidence of guilt
- Do Medical Malpractice Suits Actually Promote Hospital Transparency?
- Defunct Dewey & LeBoeuf Settles Mismanagement Claims
- Judge Temporarily Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortion at 12 Weeks
- Detroit Law Firm Sponsors ‘Guns for Groceries’ Program