The blog’s author was recently denied permission to serve as her client’s mother’s guardian.Last modified on Sunday, 19 May 2013
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Chicago Lawyer’s Blog Draws Ire of Disciplinary Committee
The Illinois Attorney Disciplinary Commission filed a complaint on Jan. 8 against a patent and trademark attorney whose blog criticizes the state’s probate system and negatively describes court-appointed guardians, whom she identifies by name, according to a recent article in the National Law Journal.
Latest from PLP News
- SCOTUS: Pre-Miranda silence can be used as evidence of guilt
- Do Medical Malpractice Suits Actually Promote Hospital Transparency?
- Defunct Dewey & LeBoeuf Settles Mismanagement Claims
- Judge Temporarily Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortion at 12 Weeks
- Detroit Law Firm Sponsors ‘Guns for Groceries’ Program