Jackson has asked for a jury trial. Jackson claims Amazon is attempting to deceive customers into thinking he endorses a number or products incorporating his name and attributes in which he has no connection. Among some of the statutes in play are the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act and the Lanham Act.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 27 seconds
Lamar Jackson Suing Amazon for Improper Use of His Likeness
NFL Quarterback Lamar Jackson is suing Amazon and a partner company for engaging in the “deliberate and unauthorized use” of his name, persona and image. So reports Sports Illustrated.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Legalized Sports Betting Pitched as Budget Fix in California
- Carmen Electra’s Lawsuit Against Strip Club Invalid Due to Her Dancing Poles Biz: Lawyer
- Parents, Church Settle After Forced Baptism of 11 Year Old Disabled Boy
- Judge with Coronavirus Overseeing Stay-home Case in Washington
- Forex Case Against Big Banks to Move Forward Largely in Tact