Blount’s lawsuit states her husband, Mansur, a vent hood technician, was asked to service vents above hot cooking oil and was unaware of the hazard he faced. The lawsuit also criticizes the fryer’s “thin metal cover.” According to information from the article, Blount was standing with his “left leg on the cover while he cleaned the vent. Suddenly, the fryer cover gave way and Blount’s left leg fell into the deep fryer.”
He suffered severe burns, was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital, and died. McGee Blount is seeking “the full value of the life of Mansur Blount,” court costs and attorney’s fees, the article reads.