The woman subsequently had her legs amputated as a result of the misdiagnosis. Texas tort reform laws prohibit medical malpractice claimants from recovering compensation unless they can prove emergency room doctors intentionally harmed them.Last modified on Sunday, 19 May 2013
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Texas Tort Reform Hindering Malpractice Victim
A Texas woman, who was sent home from a hospital emergency room following a devastating misdiagnosis, is finding it difficult to secure a legal representation, according to a recent New York Times article.
Latest from PLP News
- SCOTUS: Pre-Miranda silence can be used as evidence of guilt
- Do Medical Malpractice Suits Actually Promote Hospital Transparency?
- Defunct Dewey & LeBoeuf Settles Mismanagement Claims
- Judge Temporarily Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortion at 12 Weeks
- Detroit Law Firm Sponsors ‘Guns for Groceries’ Program