The attorney, Stanley Chesley, is the latest of several lawyers to be disbarred after participating in a 2001 settlement for $200 million over injuries caused by the diet drug fen-phen. Chesley’s contract said he was entitled to $13 million, but he received $20 million.Last modified on Sunday, 19 May 2013
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
Class-Action Lawyer Disbarred for Unreasonable Fees
The Kentucky Supreme Court last week permanently revoked the law license of an attorney known to many as the “godfather of the modern class-action lawsuit,” the Lexington Herald-Leader reports.
Latest from PLP News
- SCOTUS: Pre-Miranda silence can be used as evidence of guilt
- Do Medical Malpractice Suits Actually Promote Hospital Transparency?
- Defunct Dewey & LeBoeuf Settles Mismanagement Claims
- Judge Temporarily Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortion at 12 Weeks
- Detroit Law Firm Sponsors ‘Guns for Groceries’ Program